eco friendly advice
We all know that being environmentally conscious is important. From changing your bulbs to using a natural shower curtain, here are 10 absolutely simple tips to go green in your home, starting now. Oftentimes, it will save you money, and even improve your health. Produced by LMV and KMVT.
A great chat that I managed to squeeze in with your local EOS BP candidates from my neck of the woods.
EOS Costa Rica Aims to instill the core values of their heritage through transparency, sustainability, Eco friendly, and community and of course coffee, and Surf camps…. You heard that right. They maintain an open office in San Jose where they are in the midst of creating an open office environment where people can come in to a welcoming environment and be a part of a collective that years to educate and collaborate with a bit of life balance on the side… Pura Vida.
I love these guys, love their attitude and their dedication to their work. Bare metal servers, political stability, and a the advantages of geographical location, they aim to recruit BP’s for further work in the Jungle test net while educating and collaborating on tools for transparency, community, and environmental sustainability. Next time you find yourself in their neighbourhood (san Jose), go knock down their down and enjoy some great coffee while chatting about EOS.
Meetup app and a whole lot more going on in their github. Check it out here https://github.com/eoscostarica
website here: https://eoscostarica.io
telegram here: https://t.me/eoscr
YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvYinCH3O1iKpi-_dNfQAGQ
Go check them out and drop them a vote.
Vanlife Tips: Learn something on the road while you travel and live the vanlife. If there’s anything that people living in a van have an abundance of, it’s free time. Because we are constantly driving, on the road, looking for the next destination, we have time to either listen to music and think (which are good things), or you can get things done! My main method of learning is listening to Podcasts. Podcasts have allowed me to learn and teach myself new things, and gain knowlege during driving times when I could just be staring out into space or listening to the same tunes over and over. Don’t get me wrong, I love music…but I love learning more. Vanlife is a time for growth, so why not push it by listening to Podcasts or audiobooks. If Podcasts aren’t your thing, try out Audible, Amazon’s audiobook service. Currently, I’m learning Spanish while I drive. This is something I’ve wanted to do for years, but as you know, it’s hard to make the time. You can learn about new things, like: new languages, business tactics, news and politics, yoga, health and fitness, nutrition, travel, and more. #vanlife
Here are a few of my favorites:
– How I Built this (business)
– The Dirtbag Diaries (adventure travel)
– Song Exploder (Music)
– The RV Entrepreneur (RV and Vanlife)
– Kombi Life (Vanlife)
—— And Some of my favorite Audiobooks ——-
– Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer
– Walden by Henry David Thoreau
– A walk In The Woods by Bill Bryson
– – – – Try out Audible, the amazing audio book service by Amazon – – – –
Here —- (http://amzn.to/2z7cgJ2)
Support me on Patreon – (For Awesome Rewards)
Alexander Travelbum – Vanlife Around America in an Adventure Van
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
——– LINKS TO MY GEAR ——-
– My Camera: http://amzn.to/2xdUBes
– My Main Lens: http://amzn.to/2irNbBb
– My Beloved Hat: http://amzn.to/2s0aDs8
– My Camera Microphone: http://amzn.to/2wzs7Pl
– Camera Strap: http://amzn.to/2s0abdq
– Memory Card Case: http://amzn.to/2sjgU31
– Ape Camera Case : http://amzn.to/2yjrPds
– My Military-style backpack: http://amzn.to/2wzCOkP
– My drone: http://amzn.to/2xNjfmx|
– Cheap but Durable Tripod: http://amzn.to/2zlEoVT
——— LINKS TO THE BEST VAN STUFF ———
– Paint Your Van Cheap : http://amzn.to/2xDQkVt
– Camera Mount On Van Window : http://amzn.to/2yInN1c
– Eco-Friendly Induction Pan : http://amzn.to/2zlcQjc
– Induction Cooktop : http://amzn.to/2xDrOiH
– The Best Van Faucet : http://amzn.to/2xEyAJS
– USA Map : http://amzn.to/2zmiNfR
– Headlamp : http://amzn.to/2gfYQTd
– AMAZING Magnetic Phone Mount : http://amzn.to/2zkg8Dj
——- FAVORITE TRAVEL STUFF ——-
– Best Travel Underwear : http://amzn.to/2z6UAsO
– Best Backpacking Backpack : http://amzn.to/2yizU23
– My Favorite Hat: http://amzn.to/2s0aDs8
– A Favorite Travel Book : http://amzn.to/2z6Vw0i
And find me on Instagram and Facebook – Alexander_Travelbum
Kid birthday parties can be a time full of sugar, plastic, and waste, but it doesn’t have to be this way. Here’s some of the ways I went green for Mila’s 2nd birthday party!
♥OPEN FOR MORE♥
Sofia the First Wall Decal: http://go.magik.ly/r/ashleysgreenlife/115e6/
Purple Tutu from “TeenyTiddleTots” on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1071166403
Pom poms and other gold decor were purchased at Hobby Lobby: http://www.hobbylobby.com
Vegan, Gluten-free Chocolate Cupcake Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D4954YFxoc
Healthier Vegan Frosting Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF_Wd9cxz0U
Vegan Ranch Dip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHNJf5IYNlY
Knock-off Rolos from “Oh She Glows”: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/10/17/homemade-rolo-knock-offs-vegan-gluten-free-5-ingredients/
OTHER PLACES YOU CAN FIND ME:
📖 READ MORE ON MY BLOG: http://www.ashleysgreenlife.com/2015/12/tips-for-green-kids-birthday-party.html
📷 FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: ashleysgreenlife (https://instagram.com/ashleysgreenlife/)
📌 PIN WITH ME ON PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/ashleysgreenlife/
📲 SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=ashleysgreenlife
👧 MY DAUGHTER’S COOKING CHANNEL: Healthy Vegan Kid: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmIYin1u8VzfgBYKBSeB4lw
Please leave friendly comments or questions below!
OTHER VIDEO YOU MIGHT LIKE:
“Healthier Hallowen Candy Alternatives”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0jHp0lhEY
“Eco-Friendly Gift Wrap Ideas”:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0jHp0lhEY
ATTENTION: If you’re a business and would like to work with me, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or doctor. All opinions expressed are my own personal thoughts and feelings of the products mentioned. Check with your doctor or health practitioner if you are uncertain about trying out any of the products mentioned in this video.
Background Music: (Royalty-Free) “Happiness” by Pink Zebra
Thank you for all your support
UNICEF correspondent Hema Balasundram reports on how, in Malaysia, parents and the private sector are beginning to reap the benefits of child care services in the workplace.
For more information, please visit: http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/malaysia_65925.html
“WATCH Material Required For The Construction Of Garden Office – Gardening Tips
LIST OF RELATED VIDEOS OF Material Required For The Construction Of Garden Office – Gardening Tips IN THIS CHANNEL :
Material Required For The Construction Of Garden Office – Gardening Tips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb_ytrc5EfE
History Of Water Gardens – Persian Empire Sassanid Period Greek Civilization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn-yT1oYCys
3Rd Century AD Water Garden Beauty – Sassanid Period https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q0PWNXnWEE
Decide What Function Your New Garden Living Space Will Be Used For Before Buying Garden Room https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBa6HpK22HQ
Do You Require Open Plan Room Or Multi Garden Room – How To Plan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6KwoKT6ulU
Does Garden Office Be Eco-Friendly – Principles And Values https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Oo6Hm5uYM
Plan The Position For Your New Garden Room Carefully – How To Do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i9QabVgIB0
Consequences For Which Planning Permission Not Required For Your Garden Building https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imCS1r1ovV4
Do You Want More Than One Floor In Garden Building How To Plan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooV_ypveZ5c
What Size Of Garden Room Do You Require – How To Plan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F24XABDQzIw”
There are lots of awesome advantages to making your own homemade products and in this video I wanted to share the wonderful and simple recipes I use as hair care ‘essentials’. They all consist of natural ingredients so they don’t contain any of the nasty chemicals found in a lot of mainstream hair and beauty products – anything we can do to reduce our risks of cancer and detriment to other animals is a wonderful thing!
My 55 days without waste challenge for Maui Dolphins; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFmmnA8UWKM
I will do a video sometime in the coming month on products I think are great to buy – awesome natural, sustainable, vegan, eco-friendly commercial options.
The site I use to buy a lot of my ingredients; http://www.iherb.com?rcode=GOW915 – links to products are in ingredients below. My rewards code is GOW915 to save $5 on first order
The natural hair product recipes;
– 1/4 cup liquid castile soap http://www.iherb.com/dr-woods-almond-castile-soap-32-fl-oz-946-ml/12672?rcode=gow915
– 1/4 cup coconut milk – I have used this previously without refrigeration … but another option is to freeze your mixture into little bars and take out at shower time
– 1 tsp benonite clay http://www.iherb.com/aztec-secret-indian-healing-clay-1-lb-454-g/29363?rcode=gow915
– 20 drops lavender & rosemary oils http://www.iherb.com/now-foods-essential-oils-lavender-1-fl-oz-30-ml/37823?rcode=gow915
– 1/2 tsp vitamin e oil http://www.iherb.com/nature-s-bounty-vitamin-e-oil-30-000-iu-2-5-fl-oz-74-ml/32093?rcode=gow915
– optional 1 tsp xanthan gum http://www.iherb.com/now-foods-xanthan-gum-6-oz-170-g/879?rcode=gow915
– 2 tbsp shea butter http://www.iherb.com/now-foods-solutions-shea-butter-7-fl-oz-207-ml/1110?rcode=gow915
– 2 tbsp cocoa butter http://www.iherb.com/now-foods-solutions-cocoa-butter-7-fl-oz-207-ml/495?rcode=gow915
– 1 tsp almond oil http://www.iherb.com/now-foods-solutions-sweet-almond-oil-4-fl-oz-118-ml/14394?rcode=gow915
– 1/2 tsp vitamin e oil http://www.iherb.com/nature-s-bounty-vitamin-e-oil-30-000-iu-2-5-fl-oz-74-ml/32093?rcode=gow915
– 20 drops lavender & frankincense oils
– 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
– 1/2 cup water
– 5 drops essential oil http://www.iherb.com/nature-s-alchemy-essential-oil-rosemary-0-5-oz-15-ml/5745?rcode=gow915
Hair oil- leave in conditioner
– 4 tsp jojoba oil http://www.iherb.com/now-foods-solutions-certified-organic-jojoba-oil-4-fl-oz-118-ml/900?rcode=gow915
– 2 tsp sesame seed oil http://www.iherb.com/eden-foods-organic-sesame-oil-unrefined-16-fl-oz-473-ml/36299?rcode=gow915
– 1 tsp olive oil
– 1 tsp grape seed oil
– 10 drops lavender oil http://www.iherb.com/now-foods-essential-oils-lavender-1-fl-oz-30-ml/37823?rcode=gow915
– 4 tsp Cornstarch
– 2 tsp Cocoa
– 5 drops Rosemary oil http://www.iherb.com/nature-s-alchemy-essential-oil-rosemary-0-5-oz-15-ml/5745?rcode=gow915
– 1/4 tsp Cinnamon & turmeric
Nasty chemicals I mention in this video to look out for:
– Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
– Isopropyl alcohol
– Paraphenlyenediamine – PPD
– DEA Diethanolamine, MEA Monoethanolamine, TEA Triethanolamine
– Proplyene glycol
– Isobutene – methylpropane
It’s easy to enjoy a better way of doing things, I hope this video was useful X
If you want to find my elsewhere here are some of my details:
Postal address (Thank you so much to the people who have sent letters!);
Po Box 304, Alexandra, New Zealand
how old are you? : 24
Where do you live? : New Zealand
What do you film with: Canon 5d mk iii
What do you edit on: FCPX
This channel hopes to inspire a positive life ♡ Low-impact living ♡ A lifestyle that considers the world around us ♡
“take care of your body, its the only place you have to live”
“life is short, smile while you still have teeth”
“be the change you want to see, in your life and in the world!”
For all business enquiries, please contact:
Love life ♡
Ela Gale xx
Healthy. Happy. Natural. DIY. Vegan. Compassionate. Aware. Inspired. Positive.
Fishing is the second major economic activity in Maldives. But, the way Maldivians catch fish is not very industrial like in other countries. Here people fishing nets only to catch bait fish, it is not used in deep sea. Every tuna is caught one by one, with pole and line fishing. Greepeace said this is more ecofriendly and sustainable than other methods. The Maldivian method does not catch fish in huge quantities. If you use a fishing net its like scooping out the whole school in one go, including small fish which are not grown enough for consumption. All these negative effects are avoided with the Maldivian pole and line fishing.
This practice of environment friendly fishing has been in practice in the prehistoric days. Our forefathers paid for care to sustainability than to fulfill their daily need quickly, even in very hard times in the economy. The later generations followed the same principles.
Though the fish is caught one by one, you can see in the video that the fisherman are very skilled. For an ordinary, just to stand on board without a hand support would be difficult in rough weather. But, these fisherman seem only to care about the catch, seems like never tired and you can always see a fish in the air. The fishing boats are specially designed for Maldives style of fishing. The fish gets rolled on the upper deck and slowly gets collected to built-in tanks in the fishing boat.
Traditionally our forefathers did not use ice, but in modern generation the fish lands on ice as soon as it is caught. It says fresh until return home and fisherman would sell their catch at fish market. Out of 200 inhabited islands, many of them dont have a proper fish market. In these islands they sell catch on the beach. Fishing boats return from fishing in the evening and people would gather at beach to buy.
TEAM GLITTER – 3 WAY GLITTER?! BNO SOUTHAMPTON IDEAS WITH ECO GLITTER FUN
DISCLAIMER – I’m not a makeup artist, as I’ve said in my videos 900 times. I’m purely using my own skills and talents – which are not amazing, but at least I try haha! Please don’t take my makeup skills/tips/advice for professional skills/tips/advice!
Eco Glitter Fun create bio-degradable glitter! What is bio degradable glitter you ask?! Bio-degradable Glitter is made from certified compostable film which is non-toxic, free of metals and approved for cosmetic use! They are also cruelty-free and vegan! Yaaaaay!
Want to find out more about Eco Glitter Fun eco side, check it out here!
ECO GLITTER FUN – ECO BIT
ECO GLITTER FUN WEBSITE:
SKY SET OF BIODEGRADABLE GLITTER – £17
RAINBOW SET OF BIODEGRADABLE GLITTER – £21
If anyone is watching this from Southampton, please come say hello to me if you see me on BNO!
If you want BNO tickets, they’re sold here:
Thank you to everyone who watches! It makes me so, super happy and I love all the positive feedback! Couldn’t do it without all your love and support! Mucho love!